Clinical Research Support Center
The CRSC brings resources together in a single, centralized, and convenient location to help researchers navigate the University of Minnesota clinical research process and specifically to assist with the administration of a research study from feasibility assessment to project initiation.
The Clinical Research Support Center (CRSC) provides a cross-functional team-based approach to guide and support the entire University of Minnesota clinical research community — especially junior investigators or investigators new to the university — through collaborative partnerships with the Office of the Vice President for Research; the Clinical and Translational Science Institute; Fairview Health Services; and University of Minnesota Physicians. The CRSC aims to reduce study start-up timelines and hurdles across the complex, ever-changing clinical research environment.
Subject matter experts from across more than 20 functional clinical research service groups are co-located in the Bio-Medical Library (Diehl Hall) and available to provide research facilitation assistance during the study start-up process and to streamline research processes, including budgeting, contracts and IRB guidance.
- IND/IDE determination and application support
- IRB submission preparation support and clarification
- Clinical consultation and pricing from Fairview Health Services and/or University of Minnesota Physicians
- Budget development
- Contract negotiation assistance
- Protocol development
- Project plan guidance
- Cohort identification and study feasibility Informatics consultation
- Clinical, genomic and biospecimen data access
- Sample size calculations
- Statistical analysis
- Study feasibility / project readiness
- Engaging community members in study development, recruitment, and implementation
- ClinicalTrials.gov entry and updates
- Fairview Health Services recruitment approvals
- OnCore support
- REDCap assistance
- Clinical Trial Agreement and Material Transfer Agreement assistance
CTSI resources available through the CRSC can also help on through recruitment, execution, study close-out, and publication.
The center is supported by institutional leadership and a diverse steering committee; CTSI is leading the implementation and ongoing management of the CRSC on behalf of the collaborative group.