We offer assistance with:
- Recruitment planning
- Recruitment resources and templates
- Feedback on recruitment materials
- Cohort identification using UMN self-service feasibility tools (i.e. i2b2, TriNetX)
- ResearchMatch and StudyFinder support
- Recruitment in the Clinics and Surgery Center (CSC)
StudyFinder: This website makes it easy for potential research participants to find and connect with U of M studies that need volunteers (note: StudyFinder extracts data about actively enrolling U of M studies from ClinicalTrials.gov).
ResearchMatch: This nationwide registry brings together two groups of people who are looking for one another: people who are trying to find research studies, and researchers who are looking for people to participate in their studies. ResearchMatch is available to U of M researchers at no cost.
Clinical data repository: Use the self-service i2b2 tool to determine if there is a cohort of patients in this repository of health records that meets your criteria. You can also request data from the repository to support recruitment efforts, particularly if you have cohort criteria that is too complex for i2b2, or if you are ready to begin recruiting participants.