“Sharing my research with our nation’s policy-makers was a thrilling opportunity, and one that I couldn’t imagine having before I got involved with the Undergraduate Research Program.”
- Undergraduate student and CTSI scholar Jamie Morrissette, on presenting her research to legislators on Capitol Hill.
Mentorship. Resources. Educational seminars. These are just a few things that came to mind when we asked researchers how the Clinical and Translational Science Institute helped them be more successful.
The University of Minnesota is known for its brilliant researchers who make groundbreaking research discoveries all the time. But last night, the Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) celebrated a specific, very remarkable subset of researchers - those committed to bringing their discoveries into practice.
Dr. Seaquist is Professor of Medicine and holds the Pennock Family Chair in Diabetes Research. Her research focuses on the effect of diabetes on brain metabolism, structure and function. Dr. Seaquist directs the University of Minnesota site for the ACCORD (Action to Control Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes) Trial and is Principal Investigator on an NIH training grant for fellows in endocrinology and diabetes.
The CTSI F & T Pilot Grant Program is for predoctoral and NIH fellowship trainees, and includes up to $16,000 in pilot funds for clinical and translational projects and mentoring.
The Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) and the Center for Health Equity (CHE) are pleased to announce the 2012 Summer Undergraduate and Advanced Research Program awardees. Please join us in congratulating them!
The University of Minnesota Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) is accepting applications for the KL2 Scholars Program, a three-year mentored training program for junior investigators. The program offers 75% salary support, a mentoring team, formal training, and networking opportunities.
- Academic Health Center / Health Sciences (37)
- Accelerating discoveries (51)
- Advancing child health discoveries (26)
- Biomedical informatics (22)
- Biostatistical support (15)
- BLS (BioNet) (7)
- BMIP (24)
- BPIC (10)
- CEARCH (63)
- Clinical data repository (11)
- Clinical research professional (9)
- Clinical research services (42)
- Clinical trial management system / OnCore (9)
- Clinical trials (25)
- Community engagement in research (71)
- Community Engagement Studio (2)
- Community Research Institute (1)
- CTR Portal (5)
- CTRS (33)
- CTSA consortium (17)
- CTSI event (29)
- CTSI-Ed (84)
- Early-stage research (37)
- Fairview Research Administration (10)
- Grant (80)
- i2b2 (5)
- Interdisciplinary research (8)
- M Health (6)
- MARCH (1)
- Multisite research (12)
- NCATS (21)
- NIH (23)
- ODAT (45)
- Participate in a study (7)
- PCORI (3)
- Pilot funding (36)
- REDCap (6)
- Regulatory support (10)
- Research career & workforce development (84)
- Research mentor (40)
- Research participant recruitment (14)
- Research Toolkit (3)
- Research tools (34)
- ResearchMatch (2)
- RFA (29)
- Specimen procurement (6)
- StudyFinder (10)
- Team Science (36)
- University of Minnesota (154)