The Clinical Research Support Center is celebrating many achievements since opening its doors in September and remains steadfast on its focus to identify the appropriate experts and functional groups to support researchers and study teams as they navigate and advance projects through the clinical research process.
CTSI joins the world-wide celebration May 20 to recognize Clinical Trials Day to honor those who are at the forefront of conducting and raising awareness of clinical trials across the health sciences and throughout the University of Minnesota to improve health.
More than 100 visitors attended the Clinical Research Support Center Open House earlier this month to help celebrate the new center’s grand opening, network with colleagues, and learn about the support and resources available to U of M clinical researchers and study teams.
The Clinical Research Support Center, a partnership among the U's primary clinical research service groups aimed at helping investigators and study teams more efficiently navigate the clinical research environment and advance research projects more quickly, is slated to officially open its doors next month. Attend the Open House 2 to 4pm, Sept. 4.
When Susan Everson-Rose, PhD, MPH, had an idea that could help heart attack survivors, she turned to CTSI for support making the jump from concept to pilot study to major grant application.
The Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) has hired Kelly McCormick, MBA, as Regulatory Manager. In this new role, Kelly will oversee CTSI’s regulatory services and provide guidance and oversight on research compliance for the Academic Health Center (AHC).
CTSI has hired Mahrya Johnson, CCRP, CPT, as the new Clinical Research Manager for the Department of Psychiatry as part of its responsibilities for the department’s clinical research involving human participants.
CTSI’s Office of Discovery and Translation (ODAT) recently hired Angela Fralish for the newly created ODAT Research Fellow position.
As a fellow, Angela will assess the translational potential of technologies under consideration for ODAT support or currently supported through one of six ODAT funding programs
“It became clear that if we shifted away from a department-centric research infrastructure to a team approach that engaged CTSI, we could do a better job initiating, executing, and closing out studies.”
- Dr. Maria Hordinsky, Professor and Chair of the Department of Dermatology. The department has a contract with CTSI that gives them ongoing access to a dedicated clinical research professional.
A University of Minnesota research team recently published the results of a clinical trial that showed choline could reduce some of the cognitive defects caused by prenatal alcohol exposure.
Children with fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs) who took a daily supplement of the water soluble nutrient showed small gains in memory performance, which could significantly impact their overall cognitive development.
- Academic Health Center / Health Sciences (37)
- Accelerating discoveries (55)
- Advancing child health discoveries (27)
- Biomedical informatics (22)
- Biostatistical support (15)
- BLS (BioNet) (7)
- BMIP (25)
- BPIC (12)
- CEARCH (66)
- Clinical data repository (12)
- Clinical research professional (10)
- Clinical research services (45)
- Clinical trial management system / OnCore (10)
- Clinical trials (26)
- Community engagement in research (74)
- Community Engagement Studio (2)
- Community Research Institute (1)
- CTR Portal (5)
- CTRS (34)
- CTSA consortium (17)
- CTSI event (32)
- CTSI-Ed (90)
- Early-stage research (39)
- Fairview Research Administration (11)
- Grant (81)
- i2b2 (5)
- Interdisciplinary research (10)
- M Health (6)
- MARCH (1)
- Multisite research (14)
- NCATS (23)
- NIH (26)
- ODAT (47)
- Participate in a study (9)
- PCORI (3)
- Pilot funding (38)
- REDCap (6)
- Regulatory support (10)
- Research career & workforce development (91)
- Research mentor (43)
- Research participant recruitment (15)
- Research Toolkit (3)
- Research tools (38)
- ResearchMatch (2)
- RFA (30)
- Specimen procurement (6)
- StudyFinder (10)
- Team Science (39)
- University of Minnesota (163)