CTSI is seeking nominations for its annual Mentor of the Year Awards program that recognizes exceptional UMN research mentors, junior mentors, and biostatistician and informatician mentors for its current or past CTSI-Ed Scholars.
CTSI joins the world-wide celebration May 20 to recognize Clinical Trials Day to honor those who are at the forefront of conducting and raising awareness of clinical trials across the health sciences and throughout the University of Minnesota to improve health.
CTSI welcomes 28 faculty and academic leaders from across the health sciences to the Northern LITeS: Leadership for Innovative Team Science program that aims to further leadership skills and promote team science among senior faculty.
Earlier this year, CTSI hosted a brief visit by six Russian scientists and senior health administrators through the Russian Sister Cities Build Healthier Communities program.
“The Committee for Pharmaceutical Development infused new life into our treatment idea, and propelled it toward clinical trials. We would not be where we’re at now without its support.”
- U of M Professor Greg Beilman, MD, referring to a treatment that could help people survive severe blood loss
Earlier this month, CTSI wrapped up its first Translational Research Bootcamp, a three-day event that trains early stage investigators on core competencies in translational science.
The event featured a series of interactive activities with focused training in communication skill-building, team science, and informatics.
CTSI is providing funding and support to Associate Professor Dr. Valerie Pierre, who envisions a cheap, easy-to-use diagnostic tool that could provide a faster way to diagnose bacterial infections.
Initial funding, guidance, and support from CTSI proved such a tool could be feasible, and a subsequent award that’s co-administered by CTSI is now enabling her to develop a prototype.
- Academic Health Center / Health Sciences (37)
- Accelerating discoveries (51)
- Advancing child health discoveries (26)
- Biomedical informatics (21)
- Biostatistical support (14)
- BLS (BioNet) (6)
- BMIP (23)
- BPIC (9)
- CEARCH (61)
- Clinical data repository (10)
- Clinical research professional (7)
- Clinical research services (40)
- Clinical trial management system / OnCore (8)
- Clinical trials (24)
- Community engagement in research (70)
- Community Engagement Studio (2)
- Community Research Institute (1)
- CTR Portal (5)
- CTRS (33)
- CTSA consortium (17)
- CTSI event (29)
- CTSI-Ed (82)
- Early-stage research (36)
- Fairview Research Administration (10)
- Grant (80)
- i2b2 (5)
- Interdisciplinary research (8)
- M Health (6)
- MARCH (1)
- Multisite research (11)
- NCATS (21)
- NIH (23)
- ODAT (45)
- Participate in a study (7)
- PCORI (3)
- Pilot funding (36)
- REDCap (6)
- Regulatory support (9)
- Research career & workforce development (83)
- Research mentor (39)
- Research participant recruitment (14)
- Research Toolkit (3)
- Research tools (33)
- ResearchMatch (2)
- RFA (29)
- Specimen procurement (6)
- StudyFinder (10)
- Team Science (35)
- University of Minnesota (151)