More than 100 visitors attended the Clinical Research Support Center Open House earlier this month to help celebrate the new center’s grand opening, network with colleagues, and learn about the support and resources available to U of M clinical researchers and study teams.
“When we’ve partnered with CTSI to create a recruitment mailing list, we have had cases where our phones ring non-stop with callers interested in joining our study. One of our studies even doubled enrollment, virtually overnight.”
- Rebecca Brown, MSN, MS, RN, a clinical research coordinator with the School of Nursing
Earlier this year, CTSI submitted an application to renew its Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA). CTSI’s proposal focuses on enhancing the scope, quality, and efficiency of team-based clinical and translational science research, with the ultimate goal of improving human health.
“The research I’m doing would not be possible in the age of paper medical charts, and would not be possible without the clinical data from CTSI."
- Gyorgy Simon, PhD, an affiliate faculty member on how CTSI-supplied clinical data is opening up entirely new pathways for discovery.
Researchers now have a simpler, more effective way to access data from Minnesota death certificate records, with the launch of a new database from the Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI). CTSI will fulfill requests for death certificate record data at no charge to researchers, registries, and transplant databases at the University of Minnesota and Fairview.
Interested in getting patient data for your research? Starting this week, CTSI's Informatics Consulting Service (ICS) will be hosting ICS Office Hours three times a week, on Tuesday afternoons, Wednesday mornings, and Thursday mornings.
There is a new process for obtaining clinical data for researchers at the University of Minnesota. Health researchers now have access to clinical data from the electronic medical records of patients seen at Fairview Health Services hospital and clinics.
- Academic Health Center / Health Sciences (37)
- Accelerating discoveries (51)
- Advancing child health discoveries (26)
- Biomedical informatics (21)
- Biostatistical support (14)
- BLS (BioNet) (6)
- BMIP (23)
- BPIC (9)
- CEARCH (61)
- Clinical data repository (10)
- Clinical research professional (7)
- Clinical research services (40)
- Clinical trial management system / OnCore (8)
- Clinical trials (24)
- Community engagement in research (70)
- Community Engagement Studio (2)
- Community Research Institute (1)
- CTR Portal (5)
- CTRS (33)
- CTSA consortium (17)
- CTSI event (29)
- CTSI-Ed (82)
- Early-stage research (36)
- Fairview Research Administration (10)
- Grant (80)
- i2b2 (5)
- Interdisciplinary research (8)
- M Health (6)
- MARCH (1)
- Multisite research (11)
- NCATS (21)
- NIH (23)
- ODAT (45)
- Participate in a study (7)
- PCORI (3)
- Pilot funding (36)
- REDCap (6)
- Regulatory support (9)
- Research career & workforce development (83)
- Research mentor (39)
- Research participant recruitment (14)
- Research Toolkit (3)
- Research tools (33)
- ResearchMatch (2)
- RFA (29)
- Specimen procurement (6)
- StudyFinder (10)
- Team Science (35)
- University of Minnesota (151)