Working with CTSI
We've all read about exciting health breakthroughs, but how do these discoveries make their way into new treatments, therapies, and tools? In the April issue of Minnesota Health Care News, two members of our leadership team talk about how research is conducted, and detail the Clinical and Translational Science Institute's approach.
Interested in getting patient data for your research? Starting this week, CTSI's Informatics Consulting Service (ICS) will be hosting ICS Office Hours three times a week, on Tuesday afternoons, Wednesday mornings, and Thursday mornings.
New enhancements for the CTR Portal have been released that allow study staff to have more direct interaction with individual project records.
Beginning Monday, March 11th, 2013 new hours of operation will be implemented in the Masonic Clinical Research Unit (MCRU) and Delaware Clinical Research Unit (DCRU).
By receiving the Clinical and Translational Science Award, the University of Minnesota is now required by the NIH to ensure an acknowledgment of the CTSA in any publications that result from UMN CTSI assistance with a project.
CTSI's Clinical and Translational Research Services (CTRS) is announcing the appointment of an IRB Specialist who will serve as the primary contact in CTRS for providing IRB application and communication advice to clinical and translational research investigators (including community partners), clinical research coordinators, and CTRS colleagues.
In cooperation with the Center for Bioethics, the Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) has established a Clinical Research Ethics Consultation Services (CRECS) for human subjects research. Its purpose is to provide those involved in human subjects research with a structured approach for identifying, analyzing and resolving ethical issues. CRECS maintains a policy of open consultation; it is available to research participants, family members or legal surrogates, investigators and research staff. This confidential service is advisory only, and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Academic Health Center / Health Sciences (37)
- Accelerating discoveries (57)
- Advancing child health discoveries (28)
- Biomedical informatics (25)
- Biostatistical support (17)
- BLS (BioNet) (8)
- BMIP (27)
- BPIC (15)
- CEARCH (70)
- Clinical data repository (12)
- Clinical research professional (10)
- Clinical research services (48)
- Clinical trial management system / OnCore (11)
- Clinical trials (27)
- Community engagement in research (76)
- Community Engagement Studio (2)
- Community Research Institute (1)
- CTR Portal (5)
- CTRS (36)
- CTSA consortium (18)
- CTSI event (32)
- CTSI-Ed (95)
- Early-stage research (39)
- Fairview Research Administration (12)
- Grant (84)
- i2b2 (5)
- Interdisciplinary research (10)
- M Health (6)
- MARCH (1)
- Multisite research (15)
- NCATS (24)
- NIH (26)
- ODAT (49)
- Participate in a study (10)
- PCORI (3)
- Pilot funding (39)
- REDCap (8)
- Regulatory support (14)
- Research career & workforce development (96)
- Research mentor (43)
- Research participant recruitment (16)
- Research Toolkit (3)
- Research tools (40)
- ResearchMatch (2)
- RFA (31)
- Specimen procurement (7)
- StudyFinder (11)
- Team Science (40)
- University of Minnesota (170)