Manage Budgeting and Billing
Research conducted using Fairview resources
OnCore clinical trial management system (CTMS)
The CTMS offers comprehensive features for managing studies, electronically capturing data, creating custom reports, and supporting financial activities. PIs or delegated staff must use OnCore financial functions for managong clinical research. The CTMS is used to provide pricing and manage billing for all Fairview Health Services and University of Minnesota Physicians services, including:
- Budgeting – Supports pre-award budget development.
- Pricing – Links study procedures to a single rate list provided by clinical providers and labs. OnCore is used to request and record quoted prices and billing accounts for Fairview Health Services and University of Minnesota Physicians (UMP) billable items.
- Projections – Provides financial projections for clinical provider charges based on the linked study calendar and priced procedures for visits that have occurred.
- Earned revenue – Provides an accurate, timely view of what items are ready to be invoiced to a sponsor.
- Billing compliance – Tracks billing designation to note which procedures get billed to insurance vs. research accounts.
Fairview Research Administration
The first point of contact for research occurring within Fairview Health Services. Relevant pages within Fairview include: