Prepare Grant Proposal and Submit Application for Funding
Plan for your submission deadlines
SPA's deadline policy
At the University of Minnesota, Grants.gov proposals must be delivered to the Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA) at least five working days prior to the sponsor's deadline.
SPA's deadline calculator
Find your submission deadline.
Developing your proposal
- NIH Extramural Nexus provides regular updates on NIH grants policies and activities that impact the entire grants community.
- NIH Center for Scientific Review (CSR) is the portal for NIH grant applications and their review for scientific merit; use this resource to:
- Learn more about the NIH peer-review process
- Understand how applications are assigned to a study section
Submitting your proposal
Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA)
SPA is the University's system-wide office authorized to submit research proposals and receive awards from external sources on behalf of the Board of Regents.
- Overview of SPA roles and responsibilities; examples of what SPA does include:
- Assisting faculty in submitting proposals and getting grants
- Accepting awards and assuring they are administered consistently with sponsor and Board of Regents policies
- Mediating the grant process
- Frequently requested information for grants management
- Specialized Support for Investigators Working with Community-Based and Small Business Sponsors/Subrecipients
Standard Institutional Information
For University grant applications.