Community Research Van
Researchers can access CTSI’s Community Research Van, designed to help University of Minnesota research teams and community partners conduct health studies out in the community, or disseminate community-based research.
What’s in the van
The Community Research Van is designed for health studies and community-based research dissemination and features:
- SECA height/weight scale
- Wall-mounted Desk and four chairs
- Internet connectivity (Hotspot supporting up to 15 devices)
- Sphygmomanometer for blood pressure measurement (Omron HEM-705CPN)
- Powered wheelchair lift
- Gas-powered generator with external power ports for powering equipment in the van
- Overhead ventilation
- Thermostat to regulate temperature in the van
- Private space for data collection and/or one-on-one interviews
- Additional space available to accommodate a stationary bike or small treadmill
This mobile health van supports research-related activities that address human health issues.
- Both University investigators and University-community research collaborations are eligible to request the mobile health van for studies within the five-state area.
- There is no charge, other than fuel, for intermittent use in the 7-county Twin Cities metro area. Mileage charges at the current federal rate will be charged for distances outside of the metro.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help finding a community collaborator such as a physician, clinic, nonprofit, or other community entity, or to identify a University partner.
What studies are a fit?
We support health research projects that:
- Interact with the public, such as by collecting data through surveys, focus groups, biospecimens, anthropometric measurements, or other similar means.
- Have the potential to significantly impact individual and population health in a concrete and tangible way.
- Contribute to proposals for external grant support for long-term research and evaluation projects.
- Develop and sustain community-University partnerships.
How to request the van
You can request to use the van by filling out an application form.
Applications will be reviewed within four weeks of submission.