Specimen & Data Repository
COVID-19 update: The Specimen & Data Repository is in minimal operations mode, with staff only coming to campus for critical functions (e.g., if an alarm goes off). Please direct any questions to Joe Menth, interim BLS Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Specimen & Data Repository offers archival biospecimens and custodial freezer storage to researchers.
The Specimen & Data Repository is a secure 2,000 square-foot biospecimen storage facility equipped with automated liquid nitrogen, ultralow freezers, back-up power, environmental alarm systems, and continuous freezer temperature monitoring. All specimens are managed by BSI specimen tracking software.
- ~70,000 archival tissues (frozen, FFPE) and biofluids (frozen) collected for research
- Medical record linkage
- Custodial freezer storage in liquid nitrogen and -80 °C
The facility is located at 1200 Washington Ave S, Minneapolis, MN.
- Biomedical Informatics and Data Access
- Biospecimen Support
- Biostatistical Support
- Community-engaged Research
- Multi-site Study Support
- Recruitment Support
- Regulatory Support
- Study Start-up Guidance
- Translational Research Support