Specimen & Data Repository
The Specimen & Data Repository offers archival biospecimens and custodial freezer storage to researchers.
The Specimen & Data Repository is a secure 2,000 square-foot biospecimen storage facility equipped with automated liquid nitrogen, ultralow freezers, back-up power, environmental alarm systems, and continuous freezer temperature monitoring. All specimens are managed by BSI specimen tracking software.
- ~70,000 archival tissues (frozen, FFPE) and biofluids (frozen) collected for research
- Medical record linkage
- Custodial freezer storage in liquid nitrogen and -80 °C
The facility is located at 1200 Washington Ave S, Minneapolis, MN.
- Biomedical Informatics and Data Access
- Biospecimen Support
- Biostatistical Support
- Budgets and Finances
- Community-engaged Research
- Multi-site Study Support
- Recruitment Support
- Regulatory Support
- Study Start-up Guidance
- Translational Research Support