Research Training for Local Organizations
The Community Research Institute (CRI) is a six-week workshop aimed at enhancing the capacity of community organization leaders and staff in health-related research methodology to be able to take the lead on and/or increase their partnership capacity in developing and conducting research projects.
Participants will develop skills to address community health issues; apply research skills to a real-world project; receive two consultation sessions on their project proposal with an academic professional; develop a better understanding of the resources at the University of Minnesota available to assist in designing and implementing health-related research; and network with other community and University researchers.
As a result of participating in this institute, community organization staff and leaders will:
- Develop skills in research methods.
- Apply skill building to a real-world project, and receive technical assistance from University researchers.
- Develop a better understanding of the resources at the University available to assist them in designing and implementing health-related research (including evaluation).
- Dialogue with other community leaders and University researchers on important community health issues.
Who should attend?
Community organizational leaders and staff interested in further developing their skills in using research methodologies to enhance their programming/ service delivery. Participants do not need to have any prior research experience and can be at any level of research expertise. Participants should have a proposed project that they would like to work on during the institute.
How do I apply?
The application cycle is currently closed. View the RFA from the previous application cycle.
- Hearth Connection
- Mewinzha Ondaadiziike Wiigaming
- Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation
- National Sports Center Foundation
- Progressive Individual Resources, Inc.
- West African Medical Missions
- Women's Initiative for Self Empowerment (WISE), Inc.
- Arubah Emotional Health Services
- East Philips Park Sports Association
- Junior League of St. Paul
- Little Earth of United Tribes
- Minneapolis Urban League
- Native American Community Clinic
- New American Alliance for Development
- Open Cities Health Center
- Rainbow Health Initiative
- SEWA-Asian Indian Family Wellness
- Becker County Human Services
- Canvas Health
- Capernaum Pediatric Therapy Inc
- Children’s Defense Fund
- Comunidades Latinas Unidas En Servicio (CLUES)
- Family Tree Clinic
- Lao Assistance Center of Minnesota
- Minnesota Department of Education
- Minnesota AIDS Project
- SoLaHmo Partnership for Health and Wellness